"For one whole day, our readers got the chance to treat their taste buds with a mix of delicious items - from savory to sweet, from coffees and teas, to a lot of ice cream!" she explained.
One of the highlights was the Hunt's Culinary Cook-off, which involved students from different schools to display their culinary wits and techniques in a one-hour battle to the top. I saw an old schoolmate who's now Hunt's endorser, Luch Zanirato.
YUMMY FINDS AT YUMMY EATS:
Out of the 31 concessionaires, excluding my old time favorites: Big Daddy's Chicken, Pipino by Pino Resto Bar, and Starbucks, here are my top yummy finds from YUMMY Eats:
SIMPLY PIE | Their pies are probably one of the YUMMY-est (yummiest) if not on the top of the YUMMY FINDS in YUMMY EATS yesterday. Gail Ang, the brains, cook, and baker extraordinaire behind Simply Pie, shares their bestselling mini-quiches: Spinach, Feta and Sundried Tomatoes; Bacon and Gruyere; and Mushroom and Sourcream. | Gail Ang, 0922-8822194, 341-2238, 9-C Victoria Ave., New Manila, Quezon City (at the back of Mt. Carmel Church)
MOCHIKO | A popular mochi ice cream made from sticky rice balls with ice cream inside. The owners use premium quality FIC ice cream and make them in their shop in Tagaytay. | Nowee Ponteciano, 0999-8840624
Other notable food finds are:
1. Fruits in Ice Cream (FIC) - Try their newest Lemon Crumble Yogurt Ice Cream | Jose Ma. Celdran, 0999-8840624
2. Amaya's Frozen Caramel - Rich, creamy, sweet and silky frozen leche flan ice cream! | Cathy Garcia, 0928-5519734
3. Carmela's Best Ice Cream - Salty Caramel Ice Cream, the best! | Paco Magsaysay, 0917-8154406
4. The Honest Juice - Try their JUICE A, made of apple, wheat grass, kiwi and lime | Janyn Chua, 0920-9623892
5. Jaq's Kitchen - Try their alcohol-infused pasta sauces. Watch out for their Milkfish Tequilla sauce! ;) | Jennie Orros, 0917-5296918
6. Pinoy Eats World - Celebrate Food, Culture and Art in their guerilla dinners, food tours and theme dinners. | Namee Jorolan, 0917-8968698
7. General's Lechon - Succulent Negros-syle roast pig which is really flavorful, you don't need sauce anymore | Bryan Ong, 0917-8989303
Cute little Minions and Angry Birds characters by Little Miss OC Kitchen | Anna Sarmiento, 0920-9512343
Photo with YUMMY magazine's Editor-in-Chief, Ms. Becky Kho :)