Friday, April 16, 2010

Hit Girl uses Filipino Balisong in Kick Ass movie




Lionsgate has provided us with this new clip from Kick-Ass, which opens today in Philippine cinemas. The clip features Nicolas Cage as Big Daddy and Chloe Moretz as Hit Girl. It's noticeable that Chloe Moretz, the bad-ass, kick-ass superhero, who, in my opinion, should win an award for her portrayal of Hit Girl, pays homage and recognizes the Filipino origin of the Butterfly knife, or more commonly known as Balisong.

"I actually learned to flip two balisongs (Filipino folding knives) at the same time, one in each hand too. And the last two months of it I spent at the Toronto Circus School! They took me there because they wanted me to get really flexible for the role," explained Chloe Moretz.

Be a Hit Girl fan
!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails