Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Le Jardin: Cuisine de Gils of Trois Gourmands at BGC

Le Jardin Cuisine de Gils of Trois Gourmands is the newest French restaurant in Manila, located at the Penthouse of W Fifth Building, 5th Avenue corner 32nd Street in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. The restaurant officially opens its doors today, May 7, to the public.

Untitled

This newest food spot in BGC offers a romantic garden themed ambiance, coupled with great authentic French food, inspired with distinct Filipino ingenuity prepared by Chefs Hasset Go and Jonas Ng. Both chefs trained under the celebrated French Chef Gils Brault of Le Trois Gourmands in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.

Untitled

Le Jardin offers a choice of a 3-course meal, a 4-course meal or a 5-course meal, with all set courses including a truffled egg appetizer, freshly made cheese, palette cleanser, and freshly baked bread. If you want something light, go for the 3-course set meal, while if you are starving, go for the 4 or 5-course set meal.

Untitled

I love the ambiance of the garden-themed restaurant, with the industrial high ceiling, which compliments the whole out of Manila look, and offers a distinct inviting atmosphere to unwind and simply enjoy what's served on the plate. The appetizer came out first, the scrambled egg was light and fluffy, and the truffle oil just killed it. It was a symphony.

Untitled

I got the 4-course meal, which included a cold starter and a hot starter. I got the Salad de homard or the poached lobster salad, which is a delicately plated lobster tail and salad that's seasoned and refreshing. You cannot go wrong with this dish!

Untitled

I immediately finished my salad, which was followed by the Soupe de citrouille et Foie Gras Poêlé or the Squash soup with seared foie gras. Foie Gras, a food product made of the liver of the duck or goose that has been fattened, is one of the most popular and well-known delicacies in French cuisine. It happens to be one of my guilty pleasures (once in a while). I both loved the squash soup and the foie gras, and they both go well with each other, in fairness.

Untitled

The palette cleanser immediately followed by appetizers. Lemon sherbet with tomatoes and basil oil. It was simply refreshing and yummy. I am ready for my main course. ;)

Untitled

For my main course, I got the Pave de thon et foie gras poêlé, aux truffle or the Grilled tuna steak with foie gras and truffle sauce. One thing is for sure with me, foie gras and truffle, and the rest is history! I finished this right away. The tuna came from General Santos city or GenSan, which explains why the tuna is really good quality. The foie gras was rich, buttery and delicate, while the truffle oil was just divine. This is certainly a must try dish! :)

Untitled

One of the things Le Jardin prides itself, besides good authentic French food, is that they carry a good selection of wines, imported from France, and can only be found in the restaurant. I tried the CHÂTEAU LA CALISSE ROSÉ 2011, which was a good choice. I would definitely have this piece for my wine collection.

Untitled

Besides the food and the wine, they also make their own cheese, which is an all together tedious process of fermenting. This, however, is an acquired taste, as each one is aged and fermented differently to achieve the desired taste. Asked Chef Hasset which one is his favorite. He said, "the smellier, the better." I guess to each his own, as it really depends on the taste and the taster.

Untitled

For dessert, I got what they recommended me, the Dessert de Gils, which would probably be the best dessert (I thought) as it is the namesake of Chef Gils. I was correct, as this concoction of vanilla ice cream, raspberry sorbet, strawberries and nougatine, was no less than heavenly.

Untitled Untitled

With Chef Hasset Go :) Thank you brother for the wonderful experience!

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails