Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jesuits celebrate Sacrament of Ordination with Papal Nuncio



IMG_3871

The official representative of Pope Benedict XVI, Papal Nuncio, His Grace, Most Reverend Edward Joseph Adams, D.D. officiated the ordination of the 7 new priests of the Society of Jesus, Philippine Province. Together with him are Fr. Superior, Jose Magadia, SJ, and Fr. Jun Viray SJ, Rector of the Loyola House of Studies.

Cristopher A. Fajardo, Joseph Y. Haw Jr., Gilbert Emmanuel P. Levosada, Marlito G. Ocon, Alberto B. Paurom, Roy Cenon M. Ragas and Karel S. San Juan joined the ranks of the priests today through their ordination held at the Church of the Gesù in the Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.

IMG_3867IMG_3880IMG_3882IMG_3885

The mass was very solemn, and, I must admit, very long. It took us more than 3 hours to finish the entire Ordination/Eucharist. All of the Jesuit priests laid hands on the newly ordained priests. The "fun" part, so they say, was when Fr. Jose Cecilo J. Magadia, SJ, provincial superior, announced where the new Jesuit priests will be assigned. That was the first time they knew where they were going to be sent - and they can't do anything, but obey. :)

IMG_3889IMG_3891IMG_3895

Everyone lined up to be blessed by the newly ordained priests. Fr. Joseph Yap Haw Jr, S.J. was my adviser back in 3rd Year High School in Xavier. We've gone through a lot from H3C, and I am very proud of what he has accomplished so far. I am sure he'll do great in his new/first assignment in the New Bilibid Prison in Muntinlupa. I am praying for you Father. Together with me were former teachers back in Xavier School, some batchmates, and friends from batches before and after me.

Besides seeing Frs. Johnny Go, Art Borja, Guy Guibelondo, and Fr. Zulo (all from Xavier School), I saw Fr. Jboy Gonzales, my online and Twitter friend, who once was assigned in the Parish of Holy Sacrifice in UP Diliman. Of course, I had to have my photo taken with him!

IMG_3896IMG_3897

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails