Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bobby Chinn and Vietnamese Coffee

Bobby Chinn



My uncle Martin recently came home from Vietnam with a surprise for me - an autographed Bobby Chinn's Wild, Wild East: Recipes & Stories from Vietnam and a pack of Vietnamese coffee. He was telling me that he ate at the famous Restaurant Bobby Chinn and got to meet and chat the celebrity chef personally. How often can you do that? I didn't know that he will be bringing home something for me. Aw, thanks a lot!



I haven't opened the coffee yet, because it looks too complicated to brew, and I recently don't have time anymore to cook and do stuff. But right now, I was researching on how to do it, and I find it quite easy and fun to do.



In the Philippines, coffee started in Batangas at around 1740s, and it came to a point that the Philippines became the fourth largest exporter of coffee beans, and later commanded the coffee industry worldwide. "Today, the Philippines produces more of less 30,000 metric tons of coffee a year."









Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails