Sunday, November 2, 2008

Havaianas Playback Event at The Fort

A few weeks back, I brought my whole family to Havaianas' Playback event. They literally turned part of the Bonifacio High Street grass-grounds into a whole big playground both for kids and adults with retro Pinoy games such as Piko, Patintero, Tumbang-Preso, Sipa, and a lot more.

"Before CDs, cellphones, digital media players and the internet were invented (edit: PS3, Wii, and other gaming consoles), you were the undisputed master of Tumbang Preso, Piko and Patintero" Havaianas let everyone experience "the nostalgia of your old-school glory," and this time, with the kids.

It's so funny seeing my mom and dad be like a kid again and played through almost every game there was. :)

There were even foreigners trying out these classic Pinoy games. Fun!!

What I enjoyed the most was playing Sungka with Tiffy. I really wanted to bring home the sungka board after -- sadly we cannot. Oh, and I am a little better at this than Tiffy. Rematch? ;)

They ended (or at least, partially) with drummer boys and intruments making tribal sounds. That was awesome! I do hope Havaianas will have a repeat of this great event. To Pinoy games and sheer fun and excitement.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. I was at BHS too when the Havies Playback happened! It was so much fun noh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dyosa
    yeah! grabe! those were the days (not so long ago) hahaha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails