I recently ran 5k in the Men's Health Miracle Run. It was my first ever, and I am really glad I did it. Now, I have been training diligently, and it will continue until before the Nike+ Human Race 10k Run. This is one of the instances that I've really committed myself in doing something like this. I am actually happy to be doing this. Thanks to Achi Michelle and Best Bud, now running mate (na rin) Tiffy, I think I'm hooked t0 running.
Earlier, I ran the academic oval with Yao. While we were running, I saw Coach Rio with Karen Davila and Anthony Pangilinan (Brother of Senator Kiko); they were also running. And so after I ran and went back to NCPAG for my class, I texted Karen -- and then she called me. We talked for a while. Unfortunately, she isn't gunning for the Nike 10k, I hope she goes to the other upcoming runs.
*I still have to get myself a Nike+ Sportband to be able to participate in the Nike+ Run. Boo! I hope I can buy this weekend.
These are the upcoming runs -- I really really hope you guys could come join us! :D
- 3: Milo Manila Eliminations, Luneta Grandstand, 3k/ 5k/ 10k/ 42k. Reg fee: P100 (5k/ 10k) and P200 (42k). Call Mr. Biscocho (727.9987). Registration is ongoing at Vasquez Madrigal Bldg. 51 Annapolis St. Greenhills. Open on weekdays 7 to 5 and weekends 8 to 4. Bring 300g wrapper of Milo.
- 17: Men’s Health 10,000km Summit Media at 6/F Robinsons Cybergate 3, Pioneer St., Mandaluyong City, All Powerbooks outlets, R.O.X. at Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, All-Terra Bike Shop at Club 650, Libis, Quezon City. Visit site to download reg form. , , 5k team/10k individual. Reg fee: P350. Register at
- 31: Nike+ 1) Log on to www.nikeplus.com 2) Register for the Human Race 3) Make sure to Register under TEAM PHILIPPINES (You have the option of making your own team) 4) Sign-up at Nike Park, Bonifacio High Street and claim your race bib. Registration open from Aug. 18 to 30, 4pm to 9pm only. Click here for more details. , McKinley Hill, , 10k. Race is exclusive to Nike+ Kit and Nike+ SportsBand users. Registration Procedure:
- 7: Adidas Run for Love, 3k/ 5k/ 10k. Details to follow.
- 28: Adidas King of the Road, 5k/ 10k/ 21k. Details to follow.
- 26: The 4th Octoberun Festival @ The Fort, 3k/ 5k/ 10k. Free DVD featuring a 6 week training program for beginners and advanced runners. Proceeds go to Real Life Foundation, scholarships to underprivileged youth. Call Norman (0918.911.1180), Jaja (0917.898.0769), Rico (0917.857.1224) or Elsie (896.1954). Email: here to visit website.. Click
- 15: New Balance Power Race, Clark, Pampanga, 3k/ 5k. Visit website.
- 16: New Balance Power Race, Clark, Pampanga, 10k/ 25k. Visit website.
- 30: Milo National Finals 3k/ 5k/ 21k/ 42k
- 14: Laiya Beach Marathon, Laiya, San Juan, Batangas. Click here to visit site.