Thursday, January 30, 2014

#SmartLiveAllOut: Traveling to Iloilo for the Dinagyang Festival

It was my first time in Iloilo and I didn't know what to expect. So the first people I asked about what to do in Iloilo were my cousins (Adi and Tin) because I know they have been to the province several times for both work and pleasure. The first thing they told me is to prepare to eat a lot of food. Then they suggested places we can visit to get the best out of our stay - from Tatoy's to Breakthrough for their famous crab fat (aligue) rice, to Netongs for Lapaz batchoy, and a lot more.

I told myself that 2014 will be my travel more year. This time, it will be the year that I will care for myself more, living it all out, living more and traveling more, experiencing all what life has to offer. Now, here I am already fulfilling my promise to myself. I find myself one Friday afternoon, with my cousin Gretchen, my aunt Annie, new blogger friends Miko Carreon and Angela Nepomuceno, and friends from Smart Communication's Digital Team, Iris and Kim, at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3, waiting for our flight bound to what they call the heart of the Philippines, the birthplace of the Dinagyang Festival.

Photo with Miko Carreon, Iris Tan, Angela Nepomuceno, Kim Monasterial and Gretchen Ho before boarding. #SmartDinagyang #SmartLiveAllOut
Iloilo International Airport: Built on June 14, 2007, it replaced the old Iloilo Airport in Mandurriao, Iloilo City. It is the 4th busiest airport in the Philippines, while it is the first airport in Western Visayas to be built to international standards, and one of the four airports in the region planned to be an international gateway.
Photo courtesy of Casa La Granja (http://www.casalagranja.com/)

We arrived in Iloilo and was welcomed with a festive mood right at the airport. We went straight to our hotel at Casa La Granja to rest and freshen up just before we headed out to catch the Live All Out Party Truck at Plazuela de Iloilo featuring DJ Brandon Jon and DJ Elmer Dado. The sets of both DJs were great. It was the right way to start our Iloilo trip and Dinagyang festivities!
DJ Brandon Jon at the booth, pumping up the crowd.

Living all out with these wonderful people at Plazuela de Iloilo! :) #SAYA

It was a great start of our stay in Iloilo and our first ever #SmartLiveAllOut experience. Up next, will post about the main events and highlights of our #SmartDinagyang trip. Watch out for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails