Monday, February 27, 2012

Fun Weekend at Summit Circle Cebu Hotel

It's more fun in the Philippines if you get to travel and see not only what our natural resources have to offer, but also get to experience, interact and make friends with Filipinos, the locals of each island-destination, along the way. After all, it is really the people, us, who set the Philippine experience apart from anywhere else in the world.

IMG_6217

Recently, I was able to go back to Cebu, the Queen City of the South, by invitation of Summit Circle Cebu Hotel (previously known as Cebu Midtown Hotel) of Robinsons Land Corporation (RLC) with fellow bloggers Melo, Spanky, James and Summit Media's Keisha. During the trip, I got to meet Meg and Lisette (leftmost in the photo above), both from RLC, two really nice ladies who accompanied us all throughout the trip.

Cebu will remain a destination that charms me with its food, old landmarks, beaches, and of course, its people. It was a leisurely trip which started out as a journey of getting to know more new people, which made it more fun! We were able to see some landmarks, eat a lot, and enjoy each others' crazy company :)

IMG_6226

Upon arrival at Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA), we were greeted to a warm Cebuano welcome, twice. First, inside the arrival area. I knew at the sight of the necklace at that point coming down from the arrival area, where we usually welcome guests, that it's for us. I guess my favorite RD, whom I got the chance to work with closely during MICECON last year, would find me (even if I didn't coordinate my arrival) if I ever come to Cebu, and will surely give me a warm welcome, even if she didn't have to. Thank you! :)

IMG_6225IMG_6234IMG_6235

Next was the welcome party of Summit Circle Cebu Hotel right outside the airport. We were brought to the hotel to check-in, freshen-up, get ready for the hotel tour and eat dinner. Warm towels and buko juice greeted us, with the Summit Circle resident manager, Miro smiling to welcome us. We each had our own rooms. Summit Circle Cebu Hotel has 14 floors, 210 rooms, and I was billeted at one of the top floors, which had a great view of the Fuente OsmeƱa Circle, at the heart of downtown Cebu.

IMG_6256

My room at Summit Circle Cebu had all the amenities I needed that weekend to relax, rest, and have fun :) I laid down on my comfy bed for a while, watched TV (something I do not do anymore in Manila), and passed time before our hotel tour.

IMG_6231IMG_6237IMG_6239IMG_6242

15 comments:

  1. wow..treat for bloggers...been to Cebu pero sandali lang...pero nakapamasyal naman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice in Cebu, I hope you get to stay longer and see more of the place :)

      Delete
  2. Cozy room with a nice view. How much rate nila per night? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! :) Their rates can go as low as a little less than 2,000 a night with breakfast (if you book online, and earlier) to around 6,000 pesos for the Jr. Suite. :) Relatively cheap :)

      Delete
  3. Wow and I was wondering where that hotel is located lol (And I am from Cebu!) I didn't know it was the old Midtown Hotel. From your photos it looks like they done a good job in redecorating the whole place making it look fresh and modern. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually did. They fixed everything :) Still fixing the function rooms, it will be finished by May or earlier :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice yung location ng hotel at maganda yung view. Will take note of this when we visit Cebu. Mukhang reasonable yung price. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Gabz, location's great! :) Near everywhere, the food places... :)

      Delete
  5. Very cool experience, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice accommodation you had. The hotel room looks very relaxing and homey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang ganda ng room mo. Very cozy. At ang galing ng welcoming committee nila. Very maasikaso sa inyo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ang nice ng room! And ok din ang view.. Namiss ko naman bigla ang Cebu. =) Did you get to try the Sky Experience Adventure while you were there? =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the place looks nice. I'll consider this if we go to cebu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's a wonderful experience! I like the place and the accommodation is not that high.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this nice information
    Food Supplier

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails