Sunday, August 29, 2010

Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games Souvenirs

My uncle recently came home from Singapore for vacation, and brought me these cool stuff from the first ever Youth Olympic Games held in Singapore. The 2014 Youth Olympic Games will be held at Nanjing, China! :) He got me the "Official Spectator Guide" which contains everything about the first ever Youth Olympics - from tickets, spectator information, venues, and sports included. If you will notice, the official mascots Lyo and Merly are printed on the cover.

Since he knows I collect stamps, he got me these cute official Youth Olympic stamps, which were issued on August 14, 2010. The size of the stamps is 48mm x 30.45mm. The first two designs highlight the World Culture Village and Island Adventure formats of CEP. Athletes will learn about diverse cultures, teamwork and leadership through these two activities. The next two designs feature the mascots, Lyo and Merly, in their favourite sports of Aquatics – Swimming and Basketball respectively.

Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games Stamps
Also, he got me this Singapore 2010 Youth Olympics Emblem Notebook. I guess since I love to blog, and write, a notebook is a fitting present. This Journal-Leatherette is made of pu leather, ruled, 80 pages, flexible cover, strap closure and has a ribbon bookmark.


I would like to share with you the vision of the Olympic Torch Relay which spoke to me. The Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games Journey of the Youth Olympic Flame (JYOF) shares this vision.

Vision of the Olympic Torch Relay
A simple flame passed hand to hand
Not by the fastest or the strongest,
But by people whose greatest gift is what they give of themselves
Because, it’s not just what you do for the record books,
It's what you do for others.

EDIT: The Youth Olympic Games Full Music Video "Everyone"

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails