Friday, April 17, 2009

Cebu Pacific en route to the Monastery of Transfiguration

Last Holy Week, when the rest of the people were either going back to their own provinces to be with their families or traveling to Boracay, Palawan, Baguio or other beaches and sites to be on vacation, I was en route to the Monastery of Trasfiguration in Malaybalay, Bukidnon -- not to climb Mt. Kitanglad (though I would really would want that some other time), but to be on a retreat with the Benedictine Monks of Malaybalay.


First Airplane Ticket - Cebu Pacific



Would you believe, it was my first ever airplane ride? Yes, finally, Cebu Pacific got the chance to fly me. Although this was my first time ever on a plane, I had once ridden on a helicopter to Batangas with my friend Matt and his family. And even though our plane was delayed for 15 minutes, more or less, I waited patiently. Of course, I wouldn't let this first time pass without a picture of myself with the plane.


Cebu Pacific MLA-CDO

CDO Airport

The City of Golden Friendship



We landed in Cagayan de Oro airport. From there, the van from the Monastery picked us up. It was about 2 and 1/2 hours from the airport to the Monastery, with bumpy roads and some parts being repaired. Along the way, we saw Ateneo de Cagayan or more known as Xavier University, their local Motorela (from Karitela), and the "sabit boys", who come from CDO bringing water up the mountains.


Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan)

MotorelaPulled up the mountain



We also passed by the Sumilao Falls, which is all natural. When we passed it, water was flowing strong, unlike weeks ago, when they said it wasn't. You can see this beauty from the road, but you would want to park your car and get down to get a better view of the falls.


All Natural Sumilao Falls

Sumilao Falls and Me



Part 2 of the Trip will follow soon.









Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 comments:

  1. ang ganda nung falls! haha oo nga pala, NASAN PASALUBONG NAMIN?!?!?! :p teeeheeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LetsGoSago: Thanks!!! :)
    @Thea: get it sa house? :P haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! :D More trips sana nyok

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL!!!! I'm from Cagayan de Oro. :D HEHE. but now I study at la salle green hills. Finish the part 2. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Lorenz, cool! yeah alright, sorry, haha not that much time on my hands these days... but i'll finish it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool. sana ako din makapnta dun :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails