Saturday, November 15, 2008

Congratulations to the Winner of Bratpack's Bag Diary Contest

*drum rolls* And the winner of the Bratpack Bag Diary contest is... Richard Mamuyac, with "Watch Your Back."
I love looking at people’s behind. Don’t get me wrong. I am not sick nor a pervert. What I mean is that I am just fond of checking out passing stranger’s backpacks.

I have been a fan of backpacks since kindergarten. Though I have a couple of messenger bags in my closet, I am more comfortable with bags on my back than sling baggage on my shoulder.

That’s why a head turner for me is either a sexy woman or a nice looking backpack. Sometimes while I am in a fast food shop along a busy street, I would find myself looking at passersby. Big bags… small bags… blue bags… red bags. It’s like I am watching a parade. There’s even creepy backpacks shaped like a coffin or Jack Skellington of Nightmare Before Christmas while others are bag version of cartoon characters from grandma’s Betty Boop to that annoying- but-kids-love-him Barney the Dinosaur.

My most favorite backpack is the yellow Jansport that I bought from Bratpack in Robinsons Galleria in 2003 which I considered as my best buddy during my 2-year stint as an OFW in Saipan, Northern Marianas . I bring it anywhere I go, from our quarters to our work station to the different islands of the tiny nation. Each mark, dirt and scratch on my bag is a reminder of the places I’ve been and experiences worth remembering.

But I committed one stupid thing that still haunts me until today. That is when I traded my Jansport bag for a luggage a month before I came back to the Philippines for good. I was forced to make that decision because I really needed a big luggage for my things which a friend was willing to give in exchange for my battle-tested bag.

I don’t know whatever happened to my backpack. But I’m pretty sure it still good to use simply because it is a Jansport. As for the luggage with Chinese characters on the tag, I found a great use for it in keeping old clothes, bags and shoes.

That’s why this Christmas, I already told myself that I will get a new Jansport backpack by hook or by contest like this :-)

The pieces were rated by my guest judge, Martin, based on the following criteria (see criteria below). Richard's topped all 10 entries submitted through the comments page and through superbong(at)gmail(dot)com with a score of 25/30. Congratulations!


Thanks to all those who submitted entries to the contest, to Bratpack and GeiserMaclang for making this contest possible, and to the guest judge, Martin Gomez.

You may claim your prize at GeiserMaclang (c/o Arbee Panga) Unit 7C, 114 Tuscan Bldg., V. A Rufino St., Legaspi Village , Makati City Tel: 812.8828/ 812.9199, 0917.605.8122

3 comments:

  1. thank you, Super Bong! You are super! Till next time 'bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude,

    i just thought i should let you know i linked to your blog on my site:

    http://nutandbolted.blogspot.com/2008/11/superbong.html

    ...Loving all yr shenanigans.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. @astig316: congrats! :)

    @nuts and bolts: thanks man!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails